We're feeling suitably stuffed after an epic family Christmas feast and have just about emerged from a 3-day food coma courtesy of mum's gigantic turkey roast and dad's special Christmas ham.
Ahhh Christmas ham.... the gift that keeps on giving. The week between Christmas and New Year is filled with the fun challenge of sneaking leftover Christmas ham into every single meal. Breakfast ham omelettes are a given, but for lighter lunch options we love this cauliflower summer salad.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, sliced
- 150g ham or as much as your heart desires
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 5-6 radishes, sliced
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil and Lemon Garlic Salt, for roasting
- Coriander, to garnish
- Verde Hot Sauce, salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 180°
- On a large baking tray, spread roasted cauliflower and onion evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with garlic salt. Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until golden and cooked.
- Add pine nuts to a skillet or non-stick frying pan - no need to use oil - and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until they look toasted.
- When the roasted cauliflower is ready, toss the cauliflower, onion, spinach, radishes, ham and pine nuts in a bowl. Garnish with coriander. Drizzle with Verde Hot Sauce for a bit of a kick and a world of herby verdant flavour.